Saturday, August 4, 2012

Myles Neil Kranz

After passing my due date, the doctor decided that I could be induced on Monday, July 30th. On Friday, July 27, I was dilated to 4 cm and thought and hoped he would come on his own that weekend. Caramel was born only 3 hours passed her due date and Rhett 3 days before. Being so huge I thought for sure baby number 3- Myles Neil Kranz would come early.

It was a different experience going to the hospital with no contractions and waiting around for what seemed forever. We checked in at 7:30am but I didn't receive Pitocin to induce labor until 1pm then the contractions started. I couldn't eat anything and was so hungry by the time everything was over. I did sneak a couple bites of Anthony's popsicle, he so lovingly ate in front of me, only to throw it up later right next to him :)

Myles was born at 6:42pm July 30th. Weighting at 9lbs 6 ounces, it is a good thing he didn't stay in any long. He came out with one arm raised- flying like Superman then he pooped all over me when the doctor handed him to me. Wonder what he will be like when he is older. So Caramel was 7 lbs 7 oz, Rhett 8 lbs 5 oz, and Myles 9lbs 6 oz- no way I am having a 10 pound baby next.

Myles has hairy arms, ears, and back and a pointy nose. He was super quiet at first, I kept waiting for the crying to come which did once they started measuring him.
Myles being weighted and taking the hearing test.

As soon as possible we called Grandma Brenda to come with the kids. It was getting late and we wanted the kids to see Myles before bedtime. Caramel was very excited to hold Myles and has been ever since. She loves to hold him. Rhett will ask to hold him occasionally but only does it for a couple seconds or will forget about it after you give him instructions to sit down.



No comments:

Post a Comment