Thursday, October 29, 2015

Neighborhood Animals

One night after a rain shower, Anthony found this frog in the front yard. The kids gently touched his slimy back and the frog just sat there. After observing him for awhile, we set him free. The next day in the backyard I found him again. Myles really enjoyed seeing the frog again and watching him jump around. Now Myles expects to find a frog regularly.

Anthony set the cage in the backyard, and we caught a bunny for a half day. Now Camellia points to the cage frequently and says, "bunny."  

One morning I noticed I forgot to close the garage door at night. The kids and I were getting ready to leave in the van. Everyone was buckled in the van and I went inside to get the last couple items. When I turned out of the kitchen towards the garage a squirrel was coming right towards me. I let out a good scream and luckily it turned around and left the house. I got in the van and told the kids and we left thinking the squirrel had exited the garage. When we returned I noticed some things on the garage floor. So I left the garage door open a little during the day hoping the squirrel would exit. The next day getting into the van to leave, I heard a sound and turned to see the squirrel at eye level on a shelf. I screamed and hurried into the van. Returning home I parked in the garage, got out on the opposite side with the kids and left the garage door open again. That was the last I heard and saw of the squirrel in the garage, hopefully he has left and isn't hibernating.

No comments:

Post a Comment