Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rhett is 3 years old!

Rhett is 3! I planned on not giving a friends' birthday party. Caramel and Rhett had different plans. As soon as his birthday was talked about Caramel and Rhett started planning and telling me what would be happening at this party with all of Rhett's friends. Rhett knows a lot of friends around his age. So when I realized that this party was happening- I had to limit the invites to 10 kids so it wouldn't be too crazy.

Rhett loves "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts. He calls it the "Mac" song because it is the song playing when Mac drives Lightening McQueen. We heard it on the radio once and Rhett was like, "it is the Mac song." Took us a little while figure this out. His second favorite song would be "Real Gone" by Sheryl Crow; opening song to "Cars" when McQueen is getting ready to race. So those were the two songs I had playing on repeat for his birthday and during a color balloon game.
 
We looked at car and truck books until everyone showed then got Monster truck name tags and introduced everyone to each other. Each kid picked a monster truck to race and color a picture. We played 3 games then had cake and a snack and opened presents. Finally the kids got to just play and they all played very well together for the last 20 minutes.


Rhett went to a friend's birthday in the fall. And decide he wanted the same cake. I was able to borrow the pan. I wasn't able to get the frosting red until I went back to the store and got more red food coloring. I frosted the cake during the day, had red hands and crazy kids demanding frosting. I love frosting cakes during the night when all kids are fast asleep. Decided not to do black but brown tires and outlining for better taste and no black mouths and hands.

Rhett has some cute friends, glad they could celebrate with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment