Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cookie Monster

Rhett loves to make cookies. Totally a Cookie Monster boy. When he is trying to work hard to get a cookie he will say, "Mommy I don't need two cookies, just one cookie." After I organized the cookies on the sheet Rhett moved them closer to each other to make bigger cookies.

Rhett also loves oatmeal or as he calls it "oatmilk." I tried to slowly explain how to say oat-meal and he just says back louder oat-milk. Rhett loves to wake up around 7am demanding oatmilk. Some grumpy mornings, he will demand that the oatmilk not be hot then starts the explanation. Just distracting him to talk about something else normally is the trick.

Caramel loves to make brownies, well she loves the batter. I tell her she can have the bowl when I am done and she waits very impatiently. I gave her a spoon to collect the remains in the bowl which she used then declared she was done so I took the spoon. When I checked her again, she had her fist in her mouth with chocolate all over her mouth, hand, and one arm. Really, I thought, aren't you 5 years old then I realized that I love chocolate probably that much too. So I just said make sure you clean the chocolate off and you have it on your arm too. Crazy girl.

Recently I reminded the kids what hot cocoa is with the fall weather chilling the house -demands for that high.

No comments:

Post a Comment