Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I-Fly

Anthony got lots of surprises for his birthday. Aunt Charity with Benny D. came up Memorial weekend for some birthday fun. The girls picked up some pizza and Grandpa Neil at the airport, another surprise visit! After eating we went to I-Fly. We didn't know too much about the place just always past the tall building driving on 405 around Tukwila.
Anthony, Benny, Caramel, Rhett, and I all got trained and suited up for indoor skydiving experience. Myles tried on the helmet and looked a little concerned, so he didn't go. Myles had snacks with the Grandparents and Charity while watching the flying.  


















First you sign the document and get weighed then you watch the video learning the important hand signals. Lastly you suit up and wait your turn. Suiting up was a process- hair back, earplugs, goggles, helmet, and suit. Caramel wasn't to happy about the blue suit and earplugs but pulled through. Rhett was ready to go.
 
Caramel in position
Riding the air
After you are all dressed appropriately, you enter "the flight chamber" (this what it is called on the website) with your group and take turns. You fall into wind tunnel with hands crossed on chest then are positioned by worker to help controlled flying occur. Position yourself like a banana was the thing I remembered.
 
Once dressing was over, Caramel did great and even told me how she wanted to fly to the top, an option on your second turn. Everyone in the group gets to go twice. 
 
When my turn was almost over I realized I had been looking down, something they tell you not to do. Guess it wasn't too bad, because I never got the hand signal to stop. I also felt like it was hard to breath or maybe I just forgot to breath. One hand signal is to relax.
 
Going to the top
When Rhett go in there, he was flying all over the place at one point. It was pretty funny to see 3 year old Rhett in there. After the second turn Rhett was pretty much done. Wanting all the head gear off. Holding him, sometimes his head would just drop. His neck most of been tired from the helmet weight. Near the end I got to take him next to the exit and take off the helmet and goggles.
Anthony on his last day of being 30 years old
Rhett, flying like dust in the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment