Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ida Mae Bankhead's Funeral

 
Anthony and I were able to take a short trip to Utah and be at my grandmother's funeral.
It was a wonderful service with talks from family and former Bishop. I learned that two of my grandma's favorite songs were "You are My Sunshine" and "When There's Love at Home."
When we pulled into South Ogden for the funeral it was snowing. The funeral was at the same building my mother grew up in just a couple streets away from Grandma Mae's house. Also at the gravesite in Logan in was snowing.
 
\
Heard some great stories about my mother and siblings from her brother Craig. The fear of animals and any kind of weather storm comes from Grandma Mae. Grandma Mae raised 4 wonderful kids as a single parent and has always been giving to all family members in need. She was able to work her way to City Treasurer and loved her job. Whenever I visited Grandma Mae in the summer, I remember Tony's pizza, playing the heat around the yard with cousins, having Bluebird chocolates, visiting church buildings, and watching Miss Amercia (now I know why).
My mom, Brenda and my siblings, Chanel, Desiree, Enjoli, Dan, and me.
Siblings and spouse minus one, Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment